September 7, 2011

Namaste!

Thankful for:  food

I had the chance to eat a Carbonara with REAL PORK bacon bits (take note of the capitalized letters) in Alfresco located down the hotel where I stayed in Kathmandu 2 days ago.  The attendants in the restaurant were so nice and they kept on telling me some Nepali traditions. 

My Carbanora with REAL PORK bacon bits!
I heard the word Namaste before but I didn't know that it was a way of greetings in Nepal.  Namaste is like "Mabuhay" in the Philippines.  So when a Nepali greets you "Namaste!", your response should also be "Namaste!" with your palms together in front of your chest.  :)

Aside from the Carbonara, I also ate garlic bread with panta.    

My garlic bread...

...and panta
I was trying to search how panta was made in Google but I cannot find it.  But according to the attendant, panta originated from Nepal.  Therefore, I just hit two birds in one stone! Yay! I ate an Italian and Nepali food at the same time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment